I’m going to make this a quick post since we got home late last night after dinner at the new Half Shell Oyster House (it was decent, but not fabulous, and service was kind of weird) and running some errands. I didn’t have a whole lot of time this week to work on my update (it’s usually an ongoing process).
At 28 weeks, I’m now officially in the THIRD TRIMESTER! It’s getting close, folks. And…I have some good news: I passed my glucose test this morning!
The drink was not nearly as awful as I’d imagined (it tasted like fruit punch, only thicker and a bit more syrupy), I never felt sick afterward, and my blood sugar tested much lower than I’d thought. I’m so thankful I don’t have to sit through that nasty 3-hour test. And I totally celebrated my success (many hours later) with a giant, sugary, chocolate cupcake. Contradictory? Sure. Typically me? Yep.
Anyway, let’s get to the update.
What’s Baby M up to this week?
- Baby M weighs around 2 ¼ pounds (about the size of a large eggplant) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels.
- He can open and close his eyes, which now sport eyelashes, and can see light that filters through the womb
- He’s also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat, while his muscle tone is also developing steadily
- He can now recognize my voice (Oh the horrors! He’s going to remember me as “the one with the foul mouth!”)
How am I feeling this week?
Per my appointment today, 22 pounds. My doctor said I’m right on track and looking good. I also measured at 28 ½ weeks, which is where I am today.
Not very many to speak of:
- Sunday: relaxation post-wedding
- Monday: lunchtime walk + rest
- Tuesday: lunchtime walk + barre
- Wednesday lunchtime walk + rest (my neck was still hurting from yesterday, so I gave myself a break though I’d planned to start my DVDs again)
- Thursday: short lunchtime walk + rest
- Friday: plans for a lunchtime walk + maybe a DVD pilates workout
- Saturday: who knows?
- upper back/neck pain (though it may not be pregnancy-related)
- occasional rib pain
- breathing more heavily (darn those stairs!) and just moving more slowly/awkwardly
- clumsiness! (more so than usual)
None really, though I had to force down some leftover fried rice today (I was starving after my appointment)
- a fried shrimp po-boy (which we had last last night!)
- peanut butter
It’s been ok. A few nights this week I woke up several times trying to make myself comfortable. I’m still getting adequate rest, but some nights are better than others. The weird dreams are still going strong, too!
Haven’t spotted any (but I don’t look that closely either)
Wedding rings—on or off?
A bit snug in the heat, but on
Belly button—in or out?
Barely in (it’s getting flatter)
Happy or moody?
Mostly happy; I don’t think I’ve had one mood swing this week!
We ordered this glider for the nursery and I’m planning to order the crib bumper and bed skirt before this weekend; Mark picked up a few wall decorations, too
Looking forward to:
- cleaning out closets this weekend and doing some work on the nursery
- maternity pictures (which reminds me I need to e-mail the photographer this weekend with our final plans!)
- enjoying the rest of my pregnancy (despite the heat!) and all the upcoming events (showers, weekend trips, etc.)
- signing up for classes at the hospital (making arrangements for that this weekend or early next week)
Just the usual: feeling more energetic and regular clothes
None really, although I was asked at dinner last night if I was ordering anything from the bar? Um, probably not a good idea! (I assume it was hard to see my belly sitting next to the table.)
Oh, and Baby M has been moving like crazy this week. I felt him low on my left side, and within a few minutes, he was high on my right side! He’s either doing jumping jacks or learning the backstroke!
No questions this week. Hope everybody has a great weekend! :-)