1. I’ve lied yet again. I promised a return to blogging, and I haven’t exactly delivered. At least I’m joining the lovely Amanda’s link-up today, right? Seriously, though, blogging is often incredibly therapeutic for me, and other times, it’s a fun challenge. But the last few weeks, it’s just been the last thing on my mind. I promise I’m trying!
2. One thing that hasn’t been on the back-burner is my appetite. Lately I’ve been craving all sorts of carbo-loaded, savory things: pizza, a What-a-Burger (after I saw a littered French fry box while out walking Iggy, go figure), and chips and salsa. While it’s not really a recipe, we did make a French bread pizza the other day that was pretty tasty. We used fresh baguette (from our newly-opened Rouse’s), jarred marinara, sliced portabellas and red peppers, goat cheese, asiago, and a sprinkling of dried oregano and red pepper flakes. It hit the spot!
3. I’m also aching to try the new salted caramel MoonPies. While I’m a traditionalist and gravitate toward the chocolate ones, I’m sad to see the mint and peanut butter ones being discontinued. Husband, I think you need to visit Toomey’s and grab a few boxes. Pretty please?
4. I’m excited for this weekend. We’re leaving Friday after work and driving to visit the in-laws for the weekend. Saturday is Papa Miele’s birthday, and we’re having dinner at Walker’s (one of the my favorite restaurants in Jackson) to celebrate.
5. And I really hope we visit Berry Berry Good, which is the best frozen yogurt chain EVER. Seriously, all these various froyo shops probably serve the exact same recipes, but there’s something magical about this place. Maybe it’s because they have a lot of flavors I like (mango, California tart, etc.) as opposed to those weird flavors like birthday cake. Even if froyo isn’t a health food, it should feel like one.
6. I’m a little bummed, though, that this will be the first year since 2006 that Mark and I haven’t gone to New Orleans for the Endymion parade. For Mark, it will probably be the first time in his life. At least we will be in town 2 weeks from now for lunch at Abita, time with good friends, and my first St. Patty’s Day parade. I’m excited!
7. I’m cutting things a little short today. I’ve been so busy at work, that I guess there just isn’t a whole lot of random thought circulating my brain. Happy Thursday!